Frozen Burst Pipes
How to help prevent water damage from frozen pipes
Is your home going to be empty for a while or going on vacation for a few days during a cold weather spell? Well , be sure to leave the heat on because if you don't you may come home to a huge problem, water damage. These days homes are left empty with the water still on in the property or the person this leaving the heat on very low will help conserve energy and lower their heating bill . Here's an "how-to" on preventing frozen pipes from causing water damage to your property:
Freezing Weather?Freezing weather can burst pipes.
- If the house is going to be vacant for a long period of time, you should turn off the main water supply line coming into the property. You can call your plumber to winterize the house if you're not sure.
- Drain all water from your hotwater heater. Be sure to turn off the circuit breaker so you don't burn out the element in the hotwater heater.
- Also drain your hot and cold water lines so there is no water left in either line. Draining the water system from the lowest point in the home, like the sink on the lowest level of your home will do.
- If you must leave the water on in the home, the heat should be left on in the home . This can help with preventing a pipe burst in your home. Although its not a guarantee but it should lower odds of a frozen water pipe burst.
Call us now for immediate help.
If you have burst pipes, leaking pipes or frozen pipes to burst in your home you can call the Water Damage Team for an emergency water extraction and assessment of the damages. Be sure to let them know what areas are damaged as this will help them when they arrive for the emergency service. Also shut off water in the home if its still on. If the water damage is caught fast enough, this will make restoration of your home faster and a lot easier. The longer it stays wet the more damage to your home will occur. Mold can start to grow very fast if you don't take care of this problem right away.
A frozen pipe just burst and my house is flooded. What do I do now?
Have you arrived home from being out all day and found water in every room in your home? Yes, this problem can affect any one. To come home to find your home has had a water damage can seem like a huge task. Water damage affect thousands of homes on a daily basis in the US. Most water damage claims are covered by insurance companies but you must check your policy for coverage of your particular problem. Here are a few steps to take if this happens to you:
Frozen Pipes?Water damage from frozen pipes can
flood your home.Call for fast help!
Burst Pipes?We can help with the water damage.
- First,if the water is still running from the source shut the main supply of water off to the house. Take pets and small children out of home and move them to a dry area. The last thing you need is for small children and pets getting hurt in the home. Also if it's safe, shut the main power off to the home until damage to any systems can be checked.
- Secondly give the Water Damage Team a call for free assessment of your problem. They are available for emergencies anytime.
- Once the restoration company has arrived, they should begin checking for the extent of damages to your home and what steps should be taken for your water damage. After signing the work authorization the company should be able to begin services.
- Identifying any hazards should be the next step in the process and correcting them.
- The next thing would be a water extraction of all the affected areas that the water has damaged. Sometimes an area might appear to be dry but should be checked by a moisture probe to ensure the area is dry and is not left wet. These probes are very useful and are the eyes for the restoration company for any hidden moisture pockets and help prevent odors and most of all having a mold issue.
- The next step would be removal of any wet materials such as padding, laminate flooring, wet boxes, drywall. Basically it would be the restoration company's call on what should be removed to insure proper drying. Also at some point the use of an anti-microbial should be applied.
Call now.We can arrive in 30 mins.
Truly its best to call a reliable water damage company like the Water Team Damage so you don't have to take on the task of a water extraction, proper procedure or even trying to rent the equipment to dry your home. It's more to water damage restoration than just installing drying equipment in a home. You really should have knowledge and training of the task at hand.
"Water Damage Team serves all fifty states with 24hr service 7days a week. You can get help fast on our website for any of your sewage or water damage emergencies. You can also call us at 800-533-0626 anytime day or night for free advice. Our phones are answered by actual water damage restoration consultants who care about whats best for the customer."